Functionalities of Ergonomic Chairs2 min read
Ergonomic chairs by office furniture companies in Dubai help to improve workplace health through the promotion of proper body posture, better blood circulation, and greater energy levels at work.
- Good ergonomic chairs are designed to support the spine by properly aligning the lower back and the pelvis to provide optimal support for the lumbar region and pectoral muscles. They also encourage the development of the gluteal muscles by putting the spine in an ergonomic curve and by keeping the pelvis tilted correctly.
- Good ergonomic chairs Dubai help the chair to tilt forward, which enables for proper placement of the pelvic girdle. An ergonomic tilt mechanism is a very basic, but very important, element of most office chairs. Too much tilting backwards can cause problems to the upper body, such as:
- repetitive movement stress injuries (RMSIs)
- repetitive movement syndrome (RMS)
- chronic back pain.
- Proper tilting prevents RMSIs and keeps the spine in the right curvature, which prevents the development of kyphosis. An ergonomic tilt mechanism will also prevent injuries from repetitive motion, such as repetitive movement stress (RMS), from slipping out of chairs that don’t have them. This will prevent workers from developing carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Another important function of an ergonomic chair is the ability to adjust the height and angle of the seat, or the angle of the armrest, to provide support for long hours during extended periods. In many traditional chairs, such as lumbar support and swivel chair adjustments, users must either sit too flat or too far upright, which can cause discomfort and a loss in alertness.
- With an ergonomic chair, users can adjust the angle of the seat and armrest in just one step, and they can change the height of the seat up to four positions. Because many and CMSI injuries are caused by poor posture, the ability of an ergonomic chair to quickly and easily adjust to the user’s current posture is extremely important.
- One of the other major functions ergonomic chairs serves is to correct common health complaints like:
- neck pain
- back pain
- shoulder pain
headaches. A stiff neck is something that we all experience from time to time, but a stiff neck can be more problematic, as it can make it difficult to get in and out of bed. The stiff neck in turn can put extra pressure on delicate nerves in the neck, shoulders, and arms.